2016 Global Summit
Thursday and Friday, May 12 and 13 2016 in New York City
At nearly 10 percent of the global GDP, tourism is the world’s largest industry, possessing the power to directly impact every living being and every issue our global community faces.
With great power comes great responsibility: The travel industry shows an immense amount of potential for positive impact on a global scale.
Travel+SocialGood is here to usher in the travel industry of the future; when all travel will have a positive economic, environmental, cultural and social impact for traveler, destination and resident.
We are convening 150 visionaries at the nexus of travel, tech and social enterprise for our third Global Summit in New York City. Together, we will tackle the core challenge our industry faces:
How do we mainstream sustainable tourism?
We aim to ignite actionable change by convening the best and brightest from the private sector, high level diplomats and civil society. Some confirmed leaders include:
• Ambassadors from Permanent Missions to the United Nations: Representing some of the nations who pushed for 2017 as the UN Year of Sustainable Travel
• Pierre Daigneault: Chief Sustainability Officer & Executive Director at Clean the World Canada
• Jack Ezon: President at Ovation Vacation
• Martha Honey: Executive Director at the Center for Responsible Travel
• Pam Inman: President at NTA
• Rainer Jenss: Founder and President of Family Travel Association
• Bryan Kinkade: Publisher at AFAR
• Tom Marchant: Founder of Black Tomato
• Danny Marx: Director of Engagement at Hostelling International
• Mary Mazzoni: Senior Editor at TriplePundit
• Dr. Antonia Neubauer: President at Myths & Mountains
• Sven Olof-Lindblad: President & CEO at Lindblad Expeditions
• Gopinath Parayil, Founder & Chief Executive at The Blue Yonder
• Anna Pollock: Founder at Conscious.Travel
• Kathy Stewart: Director, Trip Planning at Butterfield & Robinson
• Orit Strauss: Founder of GivingWay
• Sue Stephenson: Vice Chair, Executive Committee, IMPACT 2030
• Arnie Weissmann: Editor In Chief at Travel Weekly
• Norie Quintos: Editor at Large at National Geographic Travel
• John Yonce: Director of Advancement and Engagement at Tourism Cares
• Justine Abigail Yu: Marketing & Communications Director at Operation Groundswell
• Charu Suri: Social Media at United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA)
May 12 and 13 in New York City
Day 1: Hosted by TSG NYC, the first day of the Summit will focus on privately-led experiential tours around New York City with our local partners to showcase sustainable tourism within the city. We’ll conclude the day with a kickoff party at Hostelling International.
Day 2: Talks and activations centered around the main design-thinking portion.